Northern California musings from one who fell out of the nut tree.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Down to the Finish


Well, I guess I've been working on the desk organizer for about a month. It's been mostly evenings with a few long days thrown in. It also includes a few stretches of several days where I was working on actual work projects.
But now it's coming down to the final stretch. I have a few shelves to cut, the drawers to make, but this piece is just about finished. This top photo is of a recent dry assembly, where I just push it all together and check that everything is fitting together properly (hence the presense of the can of stain in the front--it's holding up the "bow" of the piece).



In the lower picture, I had taken it back apart and applied stain to all the individual panels, so this shows more the color and finish of the final piece. (It also shows how messy our garage is...yuck!) I am currently between coats of urethane, and I am hoping tonight to be able to perform "The Big Glue". This will be to apply glue, clamps, and let it sit for 24 hours...and then it will be done. (During that 24 hours I will be making the four little drawers.)

Hmmm. I wonder if I can parry this momentum into a try at the coffee table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home