Northern California musings from one who fell out of the nut tree.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Good, Full Day

I am just sitting here eating a bowl of key lime sherbet, and it's going down real good. It's been a pretty warm evening here. The forecast is for flirtation with the 90 degree mark by the end of the week. It looks like we may be skipping spring again this year--straight into summer.

It's nice to sit down. My joints were getting a little cranky after wrestling with a bunch of wood stock for a few hours. I made some good headway on the desk organizer this evening. I've got just about all the pieces cut to length, so tomorrow (barring any major work flare-ups) I should be able to get the router going and turn all the edges. It's starting to come along nicely. All my cuts were coming out symmetrical tonight; no major measurement mishaps. So I'm tired, but it's a good tired.

I feel like I got a lot accomplished today. Ealier I got a whole bunch of clips done and submitted for review to the Lucasfilm folks. This includes the latest versions of those typewriters. I think they are looking pretty cool.

Then I had to go over to Home Depot to score some more quarter inch poplar for the shelving on the organizer. On the way back, I stopped by the Nut Tree to see how things are coming along. I looked through the gate at the rides. It looks like they are only open Friday to Monday now. I am assuming there might be weekday hours during the summer. The rides look like fun--I can't wait to give them a try.

The stores are starting to occupy, although some interiors are still being assembled. I went and had my first Peet's Coffee from the Nut Tree store...they make a pretty decent latté.

Then I cruised by the bocce courts. They were packed!! I couldn't believe it; there must have been dozens of people there. I think that's so cool. Families, friends, all out enjoying the warm evening, all playing a game they don't know how to pronounce, let alone know the rules for. I suspect quite a few were playing with a bowling sensibility. Give us time. Pretty soon we'll all be playing with an almost European grace and decorum! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home