Northern California musings from one who fell out of the nut tree.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Having a blast in Hawaii!


Well, we're not physically in Hawaii, but mentally. You see, we've been going through a "Hawaii Five-O" binge for the past two weeks or so. Just last month, Viacom released the first season on DVD as a seven disc boxed set. I had been watching the Viacom web site for the past several years...and followed the string of promised release dates. They kept slipping the release, leaving us H5O fans to wonder "why the holdout?"

Yet somehow, they managed to surprise me. I had not heard of the release, and I just happened to see it on the shelf one day when I was at the store shopping for something else. Needless to say, I just about fainted! It was the last one on the shelf, and I grabbed it. We have been watching around two episodes a day ever since. Sadly, that means there are only three eps left to season one, and the last I heard of a release date for season two has been mid summer 2007. So I guess we'll have to watch them again! (Meanwhile, we can also watch the "Get Smart" season one set--another awesome show from the 60s)

H5O was a great series. I mean sure--some of it is way over the top, McGarrett's hair and fashions were sometimes eyebrow-raising, the plots were often moralistic, etc. However, it was still a wonderful series, and we are so grateful to Viacom for finally putting it out. For us, it's like comfort food. It's like the entertainment equivalent of Macaroni & Cheese. We both grew up watching the show. I have very fond memories of watching it with my mom & dad during the 70s (they never missed an episode).

So BOOK'EM, DANNO!!!

p.s. And now I am never going to be able to get that theme song out of my head.
Da-da-da-da de-daaaaa...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly S. said...

Still the best theme music ever! Ah, memories.

And now, Get Smart too? So many great lines from that one.

Sorry about that, Chief.

Missed it by that much...

Congrats to Mary on her book! Very cool!

Keep up the good work, y'all.

--your Texas friends

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home